Bronnley Statement on Animal Testing
We can give assurance that H. Bronnley & Co UK Ltd have never directly nor indirectly commissioned animal testing on any of finished Bronnley products.
Indeed with the introduction of the 2003 amendment of the EU Cosmetics Directive, animal testing of finished Cosmetic and Toiletry products has been prohibited. This ban on animal testing was further strengthened by the introduction of the 2009 EU Cosmetics Regulation, and now includes the ingredients that are used in the manufacture of Cosmetic and Toiletry products.
We can also assure you that H. Bronnley & Co UK Ltd. has never commissioned animal testing of the individual ingredients that are used in the manufacture of the Bronnley products.
The Bronnley range of products are predominantly free of animal derived ingredients, but with the following exceptions; Honey Blossom range and all Hand & Nail Creams.
The RHS range of products are predominantly free of animal derived ingredients, but with the following exceptions: RHS Rose Body Lotion, RHS Rose Hand Lotion and all RHS Hand & Nail Creams.
Bronnley Palm Oil Policy
H Bronnley & Co UK Ltd. is fully committed to the sourcing of Certified Sustainable Palm Oil and Palm Oil derived ingredients, used in the manufacture of our Cosmetic products, that is 100% fully traceable, certified and sustainably produced.
To fulfil this policy, H Bronnley & Co UK Ltd. will work with our contract manufacturers to ensure that the Palm Oil and Palm Oil derived ingredients are Certified Sustainable complying with the supply chain standards and principals of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO).
Where necessary and technically feasible, current products will be re-formulated utilising Certified Sustainable Palm Oil and Palm Oil derived ingredients, with the goal of full compliance by the end of 2016 with production converting to Certified Sustainable Palm Oil at the start of 2017.
H Bronnley & Co UK Ltd. is fully committed to our social and environmental responsibilities. We aim to offer the finest quality products while preserving resources for the future. We recognise that our activities impact on the environment for both present and future generations.
Therefore we will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, regulation and codes of practice relevant to the Cosmetics Industry in which we operate.
Our objectives are
To encourage environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner, through training and education.
To reduce waste through re-use or recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re- furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable.
To promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity and other energy sources and other resources, particularly non-renewable resources.
To select manufacturing partners that are committed to sourcing and purchasing sustainable and certifiable raw materials and who are committed to the efficient use of raw materials and resources throughout their facilities, especially the use of water, electricity and other energy sources, and other particularly non-renewable resources.
To avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, substitute when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of.
To communicate our environmental commitment to all interested parties including clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it.
H Bronnley & Co UK Ltd. is fully committed to our social and ethical responsibilities, this includes our employees, customers, suppliers and shareholders.
We recognise that this forms an integral part of our business strategy and will continue to strive to improve in the following areas:
- We undertake to conduct our business honestly and honourably, and expect our employees, contractors and visitors to do the same.
- The health, safety and wellbeing of all is of paramount importance to us, this includes our employees, contractors, visitors and customers. Our aim is to ensure a safe environment for all who enter our premises for whatever reason.
- Our actions and advice will always conform to applicable laws, and we believe that we should avoid causing any adverse effect on the human rights of people in the organisations we deal with, the local and wider environments, and the well-being of society at large.
- We aim to provide the highest quality products possible and subsequent aftercare to our customers.
- Within the scope of our influence we will guarantee that respect of individual human rights is maintained at all times, this includes our employees, customers and all stakeholders.
- We will ensure that we carry out our business in a moral and ethical way at all times.
- Through support by our senior management, we provide and encourage employees to develop new and existing skills, in order to help them maximise their potential for the benefit of everyone.