According to the CDC, using soap and water to cleanse your hands, is more effective at removing certain kinds of germs, than using hand sanitizers.
But continuous hand-washing can take its toll on delicate skin, when harsh products are used.
Make sure to give your hands they care they deserve, whilst making sure to thoroughly cleanse them, with our selection of hand-washes from Crabtree & Evelyn, Molton Brown, and Bronnley. Caring ingredients which offer maximum efficacy.
Here are some important tips on effective hand washing:
When and How to Wash Your Hands:
- Before, during, and after preparing food
- Before eating food
- Before and after caring for someone at home who is sick
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
- After using the bathroom
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste
- After handling pet food or pet treats
- After touching garbage
Follow these five steps every time you wash your hands:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap.
- Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails. Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.